HOW TO: Style an elegant Baby Shower
If you’re looking for some inspiration and tips on how to style an elegant and beautiful baby shower, then you’re in the right place! I knew exactly what I wanted for my baby shower when I was pregnant with Charlie – an intimate and sophisticated sit down brunch with my closest girlfriends. I didn’t want anything cliché or daggy! Together with a few of my girlfriends, we put together the most incredible morning full of florals, games, cake and bubbles.
Tips and Tricks
- Have a very clear vision of what kind of baby shower you want
- Become best friends with Pinterest, use it as an online vision board to document all of your inspiration
- Keep your decorations simple, statement pieces
- You can’t go past florals, they bring instant elegance to any event
- Choose a few fun games that are easy to pre-organise and coordinate on the day
- Ask family and friends for help making decorations or food in order to keep the costs down
- Splurge on a professional photographer
Baby Shower Details
Allegro Apartments, The Circus, Burswood
We hired the tables, chairs, linen, crockery, cutlery and glassware. This was one of the biggest expenses, and to be honest I don’t think it was necessary and if I was to do it again I wouldn’t bother. In saying that, the service was good and it was nice to have everything matching and cohesive.
My girlfriend, Amelia put together the table arrangements. How incredible are they? Eye-catching statement pieces that tied the entire look together.
- Headband making station, supplies from Spotlight
- Guess Who? Each guest sent in a baby photo of themselves, which was printed out and pinned to a board. Guests had to guess who was who!
- Q & A: Nick was asked given a series of questions which he wrote down the answers to. Each guest was given a question to ask me, and then I had to guess Nicks answer. This was a good laugh!
We bought $2 photo frames from IKEA, put belly photos in them, and placed them along the table. Simple, inexpensive yet effective.
Each guest had their own Welcome Kit, which included an itinerary for the morning, a pink or purple pen, cards to write down the answers for the games, and their needles and thread for the headband making station.
Food and drinks:
A cheese and nibbles platter to start
Tarts and side salads from The Sassy Cookie for brunch
Homemade carrot cake
Sparkling water with fresh strawberries, still water, orange juice, and Fresita Strawberry Sparkling wine from Dan Murphys (which I was told was lovely and perfect for brunch!)
Thank you gift:
Tea gift bags, with loose leaf tea from T2.
I highly recommend hiring a photographer for the event so that you don’t have to worry about whether or not anyone is capturing the memories! If you’re looking for someone in Perth, I highly recommend Belinda Rae Photography.
(CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE)